Thursday 24 June 2010

Whats a Gri-gri?

Tonight I learned how to use a Gri-gri, having basically known what one was but never having laid my hands on one. Me and Ash had a wee walk up to Shepherds to find this overhanging, ideally situated for top roping wall of justice. Having inspected the guide book and talked with a few others, we decided it could be god fun. Ash got the top rope fired up as I don't have a clue what the hell is required. He jumped on a route which I think was called Devils Alternative weighing in at E6 6B or F7a+. HE did it cleanly on his 3rd go on top rope and then proceeded to do it again whilst checking out the gear for a potential lead. He decided not to lead today! I had a quick go but my finger hurt loads. I managed the lower moves but getting the big incut hold hurt like fuck so sacked it off. Really need to do something about this finger issue, but unsure what exactly. Bummer. May get out at the weekend, possibly Sunday after the football or early doors beforehand. Maybe a cobble session on Monday with GCW but may well be me pointing at stuff and spotting.

2 comments:

  1. It's usually my job to stand around pointing, making excuses and spotting. I'll let you know if I manage to head up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose we could both stand round and point etc but it may be deemed a wasted session! I'm going to have to grow some and ignore the pain or something.

    ReplyDelete