Wednesday 16 June 2010

Sport climbing!! Me?? Outside?? On proper bolts with clips and stuff??

Yes that's correct, last night I was proper sport climbing and everything. Check my bad self. I was at a recently bolted local venue that shall remain a closely guarded secret for now. I managed to get to about 8-9m up a F6Bish route, on top rope! Sounds pathetic really but considering this is the second time in about 7 years that I have actually roped up and my first time ever sport climbing outside, I think I did OK. I got proper disco leg, got hit with some loose rock whilst belaying Ash and got bitten by midges. I think I am now a fully qualified sport climber am I not?

I did notice a fine looking line on a detached boulder/bloc that has tumbled down the hillside from above so I can still sneak off there with my pads and work it out. Should be good fun, its a right to left rising line that needs a brush. I will no doubt get abuse from the other activists but hey, who gives a rat's ass?!

Finger is still tweaky, not good news. Gives me a chance to scope out a little hidden craglet that's pretty close to my work as well.......

The plot thickens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment