Sunday 20 June 2010

Injury and gardening

I am still injured I think. Haven't done any climbing since the fabled sport climbing escapades of last week. I have been quite literally shovelling shit this weekend instead. By shit I mean aggregate/hardcore stuff for my ongoing garden project. I estimate I moved about 1-2 tonnes on my lonesome yesterday and I am royally fooked today. I take my hat off to all the labourers of the world, they must be super fit to do that every day. I am not sure all this manual labour has helped my tweaked finger at all though. My hand feels very weak on the left side of it now and my grip was so poor yesterday I dropped the wheelbarrow a few times. I have promised an old mate I would get out with him at some point this week now I am embracing the ropes again. We Will have to wait and see if how things hold up. My STG of doing powerpinch will have to become a LTG if things don't improve soon. Gutted.

Upshots of the last week have been selling the Wii which was a very expensive ornament. Bought it for the Mrs in a bid to make her do some exercise but she never really got into it. So it will be winging its way to Sheffield on Monday to a new home. I also managed to acquire some CD decks, result! So psyched for these, can not wait to get them and get spinning. My recovery time will not be so boring now as I can blast the neighbours with some prog and start knocking a few mixes out, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment